Upcoming API - Calling all Developers
As you may already know from other posts circulating Snapzu that we are scheduling to build an API that we plan to release some time in the next 2-3 months. We have thought about it long and hard and realized that at 2-3 month release date isn't good enough. So, we need your help! Our idea is to list the general things we would like and not like for a first version API to have and then continue working on it to release additional functionality as we grow and mature as a platform.
Functionality we don't wish to release with initial release
- Ability to create / manage / edit snaps
- Profile settings / visual settings
- Tribe Management / settings / visual settings
Functionality we would like for initial release
- Account creation
- Account login / management
- Access to snap / text post / comment history
- Ability to vote on all comments / snaps / text posts
- Ability to comment on snaps / text posts
- Ability to create text posts
- Ability to private message
- Profile Overview
If we can create a barebones API we would be able to release it much sooner (possibly inside 1.5 months). This will also allow us to continue working with developers on upcoming features which can be added to later releases. As a developer please let us know what type of barebones features you would like to see in the initial release (maybe we forgot some very important functions). We are also looking for general feedback on everything to do with API's. We plan to start next week, so any discussion on the subject is important to us, as we would like to work with you on making this the best API possible.