As you may have already noticed, the Snaps tab in your main profile navigation bar is now called Posts. The entire area had a major face lift and was expanded with new functionality that allows for the tracking and management of two additional types of content, "Text Posts" and "Comments". Below are notes on what has been changed:
- The "Snaps" area is now called "Posts" due to extended support for all 3 content types. All links leading to that page have also been updated to this new terminology.
- The "overview" and "manage" snaps sections have been merged into one list, which allows for additional filtering, sorting and edit/remove buttons.
- The bookmarklet has been converted into a button that is now located on the right bar. Clicking this button will trigger a popover with instructions on adding the bookmarklet to your browser's bookmarks bar.
- There are a number of new filter options have been added for additional flexibility in locating specific content.
- There are now 4 distinct sections, "All", "Snaps", "Text Posts" and "Comments".
- There is a "My Drafts" shortcut that automatically lists all unpublished snaps in draft mode. Clicking the "Clear All Filters" button will exit "My Drafts" mode.
- There is a new "up/down vote stat" located to the right of the vote score.
- A new "X Saves" counter displays the amount of saves each content item has received over the lifetime of the post. ("Save" was previously "Pin", another change that is mentioned just below.)
- General design improvements across all pages.
Saving posts into Snapzines
The Snapzine functionality has also received a significant overhaul in order to create a better more functional way to keep track of the most interesting of posts. Below is an outline of general changes to the way your Snapzine will function from now on:
- The "pinup" terminology was confusing so we changed "pin/pins/pinned" to "save/saves/saved". Some people associated it as a Pinterest cross-feature which was causing confusion. Terminology for "Snapzine" and "Editions" remains the same.
- The ability to save text posts and comments has been added.
- Your home feed's previous "Pinned Snaps" filtering type (now called "Saved Item Feed") will also now show updates from text posts and comments, along with snaps.
- Your home feed will now only display saved content within owner's profile, no other "saved" events will be broadcast.
- Saves contain additional information like tribes, poster and content type.
- The grid view has been retired from the Snapzine to make way for multiple content support as well as proper pagination and filtering. All items are now shown in a list.
- There are now 4 distinct sections for each Snapzine: "All", "Snaps", "Text Posts" and "Comments". Selecting one shows only that specific type of post.
- Clicking on the green round star icon allows to edit what "edition" the content was saved. These editions essentially act like folders to sort your saved posts.
- Edition management and filtering has been moved from the top area of the Snapzine to the right bar. Mousing over an edition and holding the cursor there for a second will slide out edit/delete options.
- Two new filters have been added that allow for improved selection of saved content based on time frame.
- The create edition and management popover functionality has been streamlined for quicker creation and management.
- Saves now generate 5 BP of XP to original poster.
Note: A private mode for your Snapzine is coming soon. Selecting private mode will make all saves visible only to the account owner and not any other user.
We also managed to squeeze in a few updates based on the user feedback we constantly receive. Here's a short list:
- Submit button now opens a popover instead of a drop down, which solves the issue of the drop down menu disappearing if the process takes a bit too long.
- In your home feed (and other areas), long text posts and comments are truncated with an option to expand and view the full post.
- Improved image display functionality in comments. Images are now clickable and open a new tab for full size viewing. Hyperlinked text no longer disappears when clicked and replaced with image.
That's about it. Thanks for reading and we hope you enjoy the new changes! If you run into any issues or have any suggestions, please leave any feedback you have in the comments section below. We check them often.