parent
  • Boudicca
    +4

I feel.......pretty good about the changes. I will keep an open mind and see how it pans out. I think the admins have put a ton of work into what must be a complex process. I do like the engaging nature of Snapzu and wonder if the disagree button will stymie some of that- like anything new there may be unintended consequences however it may have minimal impact as well so I think it's worth trying. I get the issue with the OP not being anonymous but the voter is -with the attending issue of not being able to address this directly with the person down voting. Again, I think it should be given a try and see what happens.

No one is going to die.

• Fooferhill
      +2

No one is going to die true. I don't like the idea of a down vote for disagreeing being the same as a moderation tool. I prefer comments to stimulate discussion if their is an alternate point of view or just not inviting. Will see how it pans out-time will tell.

• Boudicca
        +3

Yes, I see your point. From what I read regarding the changes the disagree button won't be a moderation tool in that it won't affect reputation- or am I reading it incorrectly? I have thought a bit about the possibility of discussion being limited and think that if someone had something valid to add to a discussion, they would.

I guess what I really want, is what I don't want-reddit madness.