Down Vote Abuse - Upcoming Fix
Today we had a user join Snapzu and place almost 300 down votes (all random, no specific targets) in approximately 15-20 minutes. This was clearly an attack on our community, however our system detected it and suspended the user before it got out of hand.
This cannot (and will not) happen again as we will be implementing a down vote limitation for all accounts (new and old), something that we've been meaning to implement but never had a reason to do so until now. Experience (XP) levels will be used to determine how many down votes each member can place in a given day.
The down voting limits will be as follows:
- (New) Accounts levels 1-9: 5 total down votes per day
- Accounts levels 10-19: 10 total down votes per day
- Accounts levels 20-29: 15 total down votes per day
- Accounts levels 30-34: 20 total down votes per day
- Accounts levels 35-39: 25 total down votes per day
- Accounts levels 40-44: 30 total down votes per day
- Accounts levels 45-49: 50 total down votes per day
- Accounts level 50: 100 total down votes per day
All accounts will, of course, have unlimited up votes, as normal. For those affected, we apologize for any issues in regarding the loss of any of your reputation score due to this event, as we cannot reverse the down votes. We hope you understand.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns, please use the comments area below and we will get back to you when we can. Thanks for your time.