McDonald's parasite outbreak sickens nearly 400 people
Last month, news broke that over 100 people in Iowa and Illinois had gotten sick due to a parasite found in McDonald’s salads. A week later, that number jumped to 163 sick individuals in 10 states, with three hospitalizations. Now, the number of people who have reported illness in response to the parasite continues to grow. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reported an additional 105 cases -- bringing the total number to 395 affected individuals across 15 states. Sixteen people have been hospitalized. Patients in Connecticut, Tennessee, and Virginia bought their contaminated salads in Illinois while traveling.