- Beautifully designed website
- Invite-only for now meaning the influx of users coming from reddit isn't overwhelming (yet)
- What seems to be a better system for rating content than there was with reddit
- More personalized profiles
- Less hateful subreddits (tribes)
- Community still small and many tribes still not started or active
- Seems there will be more censorship then reddit, this can be good or bad depending on how it's enforced
Personally with the current situation in reddit and the pros of this website I think I'll probably be sticking around for a while. ;)
Edit: Also users are limited in their use of the website through the XP system which can be seen as both a pro and con, it seems time will tell.
Yeah, I definitely agree with the XP system being both pros and cons. I do like how they limit features, but I can see new users down the line making spammy comments and whatnot in order to get XP quickly.
Exactly what I was thinking, also many people may feel cheated by the fact that they are unable to access the features of the website off the bat.
Yeah like the "You can only join x amount of tribes at this level." I can see how that may deter people who are interested in a lot of things, but would rather lurk. However, I also like that because it requires users to participate on the site in order to belong to more communities.