1 +12m ago
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell will delay the vote on the Republican leadership's health care bill until after the July 4 recess.
1. WARREN BUFFETT: The Republican healthcare bill should be called the 'Relief for the Rich Act' Added by ckshenn on June 28th 2017.
2. GOP senator under impression Trump doesn't have clear understanding of healthcare bill: report Added by ckshenn on June 28th 2017.
3. This is why the Republican Senate health care bill may not get a vote. Added by 6pac on June 28th 2017.
2 +12m ago
3 +12m ago
4 +12m ago
In-depth analysis has revealed how running sends shocks through the body in greater detail than ever before, and hints at new ways to prevent common injuries
1. What Causes the Pain in Your Side You May Occasionally Feel While Running Added by Gozzin on July 1st 2017.
2. An Olympic marathoner pooped himself and collapsed — here's why marathons wreak havoc on your body Added by Gozzin on July 1st 2017.
3. Gastrointestinal Complaints During Exercise: Prevalence, Etiology, and Nutritional Recommendations Added by Gozzin on July 1st 2017.
5 +12m ago
6 +12m ago
The AHA receives very substantial donations from various pharmaceutical companies who also, conveniently, produce cholesterol lowering medications. Conagra, Quaker Oats, Monsanto and Campbell Soups are all listed among the AHA’s lifetime donors of $1,000,000.00 or more in the AHA’s 2012-2013 annual report.
Submitted on July 2nd 2017 by tranxene
7 +12m ago
8 +12m ago
People are happier and more productive when their leaders show strong morals, a clear vision and commitment to stakeholders, a new study has found. The growing importance of what is being described as ‘purposeful leadership’ for the modern workplace is outlined today in a new report for the CIPD, the professional body for HR and people development.
Submitted on July 3rd 2017 by TNY
9 +12m ago
A decade or two ago, the notion that 13 men would be plotting the fate of American women’s healthcare behind closed doors, that they would delight in defunding the women’s health organization Planned Parenthood and impeding healthcare access for millions of American women, would have felt like the politics of a bygone era.
10 +12m ago
Most people will take a pill, receive an injection, or otherwise take some kind of medicine during their lives. But most of us don’t know anything about how these substances actually work. How can various compounds impact the way we physically feel, think, and even behave? Sara Garofalo explains how different drugs alter the communication between cells in the brain.
Submitted on June 30th 2017 by gladsdotter with 4 Related Links:
2. The impact of opioid analgesics on the gastrointestinal tract function and the current management possibilities Added by Gozzin on July 1st 2017.
3. Intestinal bacteria are affected by antidiabetic drugs, shows research Added by Gozzin on July 1st 2017.
11 +12m ago
12 +12m ago
13 +12m ago
The Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention is investigating a confirmed case of measles in Franklin County that it says is related to travel. The state says the Maine Health and Environmental Testing Laboratory confirmed the case. The last reported case of measles in the state was in 1997.
14 +12m ago
15 +12m ago
16 +12m ago
Researchers have examined the available literature for the effects of acute and chronic administration of cocoa flavanols on different cognitive domains. It turns out that cognitive performance was improved by a daily intake of cocoa flavanols.
Submitted on July 1st 2017 by Gozzin
17 +12m ago
Brain-eating amoebas have been detected in two water systems in Louisiana, the state's health department said Thursday. Health officials reassured residents that drinking tap water is still safe and taking precautions in pools and showers can reduce their risk of infection.
Submitted on July 1st 2017 by wetwilly87
18 +12m ago
19 +12m ago
20 +12m ago
Here are this week's top five Health & Body tribes:
/t/health 76 posts, 43 comments, 332 votes.
/t/medicine 29 posts, 8 comments, 107 votes.
/t/psychology 20 posts, 11 comments, 109 votes.
/t/healthcare 9 posts, 17 comments, 115 votes.
/t/humanbody 9 posts, 2 comments, 9 votes.
Note: Tribes can only be featured once every four weeks. Validate your tribe to be included on this list!
Other useful links:
Run a blog? Get more audience, engagement, content, and/or revenue with your own embeddable community from Snapzu that will allow your blog to thrive like never before! Check out our Blog Enhancement Suite for more details.
For more lists like this, across all our categories, check out the /t/bestofsnapzu tribe!
See you next week!
Editor's Note: All links featured above are curated from a list of the highest voted posts submitted by members of our communities. If you would like to participate with others like yourself, be sure to request an invite!