[Feature] Semi-Anonymous Posting
Is there any way that you can allow semi-Anonymous posting? The purpose of this is to do away with the new for throwaway accounts.
How it would work (Basics):
- First a user can only do this, once they have a decently high reputation score.
- Anonymous posts don't effect reputation/xp through upvotes/downvotes.
- When a person creates a posts/comments they are given a unique and random identifier only for that post. This allows readers to know that replies are authentic
- Mods (and maybe Chiefs) do not have the ability to see through this. If there is an issue with someone exploiting this it is raised to an admin issue.
Other possible functionally ideas
- Maybe along with a high reputation score, posting anonymously also decreases your reputation a bit. It should probably only decrease it once per post, that way it doesn't prevent the user from answering followup questions, while still making sure that anonymous posting isn't an everyday thing.
- If you are concerned about the possibility of spam and other mischievousness, maybe have the downvotes effect the users reputation. Just not upvotes.
- Allow Chiefs to disable anonymous posting in their tribe. I'm sure there are plenty of tribes that can use it, but I can also see plenty of tribes not wanting it.