LOUNGE all new asksnapzu ideasforsnapzu newtribes interesting pics videos funny technology science technews gaming health history worldnews business web research entertainment food living internet socialmedia mobile space sports photography nature animals movies culture travel television finance music celebrities gadgets environment usa crime politics law money justice psychology security cars wtf art google books lifetips bigbrother women apple kids recipes whoa military privacy education facebook medicine computing wildlife design war drugs middleeast diet toplists economy fail violence humor africa microsoft parenting dogs canada neuroscience architecture religion advertising infographics sex journalism disaster software aviation relationships energy booze life japan ukraine newmovies nsa cannabis name Name of the tribe humanrights nasa cute weather gifs discoveries cops futurism football earth dataviz pets guns entrepreneurship fitness android extremeweather fashion insects india northamerica
Save
+42 42 0
Published 1 year ago with 3 Comments

Join the Discussion

  • Auto Tier
  • All
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Post Comment
  • rti9
    +5

    Isn´t this similar to advertisement? You don´t put an ad expecting everyone who sees it to buy the product. And just as in any competitive market, just being noticed is hard.

    • Zeus (edited 1 year ago)
      +3

      It's similar, but the odd difference is that with advertising, people who see the ad either buy the product or do not.

      With "freemium" games, 99% of people who see the ads and start actively using your product do so for free, or next to nothing, and then there's this 1% dumping vast amounts of money into the game and keeping it afloat for the rest of the 99%. Not out of any love or charity for the community, but just to give themselves a huge advantage and raise their in-game social status.

      If I had to compare it to anything, it'd be a public library, where most people check out books for nothing, and then the occasional philanthropist walks in to cut a huge check and keep the doors open. Only in this case, the philanthropist would be SUPER competitive with everyone who gets to use the library for free and spends all day pointing to a huge stack of books that only HE gets to read, looking down at the free users and insulting their mothers.

      Or something.

  • jerinoos
    +3

    I know someone that dropped $2000 in that clash of clans mobile game alone.

Here are some other snaps you may like...