"On Facebook, Dennis Lim put up this personal list:
Cannes Top 10. Very little separating the top 3, which towered over everything else.
- Cemetery of Splendor (Apichatpong Weerasethakul)
- Arabian Nights Vols 1-3 (Miguel Gomes)
- The Assassin (Hou Hsiao-hsien)
- The Lobster (Yorgos Lanthimos)
- Mountains May Depart (Jia Zhangke)
- The Treasure (Corneliu Porumboiu)
- In the Shadow of Women (Philippe Garrel)
- Carol (Todd Haynes)
- The Other Side (Roberto Minervini)
- One Floor Below (Radu Muntean)
Plus two remarkable artifacts: Actua 1 (Philippe Garrel, 1968) and Visit, or Memories and Confessions (Manoel de Oliveira, 1982)."