Woman Dies After Contracting Flesh-Eating Bacteria on Florida Vacation, Family Says
An Indianapolis woman died after her family said she contracted flesh-eating bacteria while on vacation, according to KTLA sister station WXIN. The family of Carol Martin, 50, said she did not get the right treatment from a local hospital. “They said that they thought it was an abscess or something under the skin,” said her husband, Richard Martin. What started as a small bump grew into a large, painful and deadly infection that took her life last week.